Welcome!

Arts and Health, Sisters is devoted to exploring creative problem solving and coping strategies in our world, especially the links between artistic expression and personal and spiritual growth. It is also dedicated to honoring the value and power of women.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 10

Today I didn't meditate until just now, when it is almost tomorrow. The focus was a body scan shifting from one part of the body to another repeatedly and paying attention to my breathing. This was extremely relaxing, perhaps in part because the day is over and I know I don't need to go anywhere, I can't really be late for anything, so that sort of distraction is much less. I also liked getting in touch with what sensations my body has been having which I have ignored during the day. I could tell that my sinuses are congested, that my lower back has a twinge on the right side. All these things which had been distant from my awareness. So often I ignore some mild to moderate problem whether physical or not, like a parent might ignore a whining child. However sometimes the child actually does have something to whine about, so it is worthwhile listening. Even just to acknowledge the fact that there is an ache or pain somewhere, without doing anything but noticing, something shifts.

I'm grateful for re-learning this and also that I've kept up with this practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment